Online Continuing Education for TCM & Acupuncture Practitioners Presents
A course by R. Keith Bell, L.Ac.
Preconception Planning is often undervalued or overlooked unless a patient has difficulty conceiving, but the benefits go far beyond treating infertility. Numerous studies have shown that that if both parents improve their general health while avoiding common lifestyle factors and environmental hazards in the months preceding conception, they can greatly improve reproductive outcomes and avoid many complications during pregnancy that lead to medical interventions. Most important, by improving their own health, parents can improve the future health of their child and grandchild.
In this course the practitioner will learn how to effectively integrate holistic preconception planning into their TCM/acupuncture practice. Keith Bell will not only teach the step-by-step approach to creating a preconception plan for your patients, but you’ll learning how to determine a patient’s readiness and willingness to make important lifestyle changes. You’ll also learn how to best utilize a patients western diagnosis, laboratory testing and Functional Medicine approaches. Plus, Keith will offer valuable tools for marketing the value of preconception planning in your clinic.
- Why is Preconception Planning Neglected in Western Society
- History of ‘Conscious Conceptions Preconception Planning Program
- Define a Conscious Conception
- Clinical Evaluation and practical treatment strategies in Holistic Preconception Planning
- The assessment of common conditions that affect fertility utilizing TCM and Functional Medicine diagnostics then treating these conditions with acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, medical foods and vitamins and supplements including: Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Vulvodynia, Amenorrhea, Dysmenorrhea, Autoimmune disorders, PCOS, Ovarian cysts
- A word about “The Pill” and long term usage of hormonal birth control
- Suggestions on implementing Holistic Preconception Planning into an established practice
- Summary, Question and Answers, Program Worksheet and Quiz